Monday, October 12, 2009

Flu Shots

It was raining and snowing this morning.  Not a great day to watch birds in the woods.


I headed over to the Durand Community Library this morning to get my $30 seasonal flu shot.  Apparently I timed in right, there was only one man on line in front of me.

As I was filling out the paperwork, there was some back-and-forth among the nurses behind the sign-in desk.   Wazzup?


My friend and County Nurse, Antoinette Pinkowksi explained:

We're just about out of vaccine.  We ordered the same amount as last year (400 adult and 200 kid doses).  There are going to be some disappointed people this afternoon.

The clinic was scheduled to run until 8pm. 

Had the weather been different, I'd have been out of luck.  I had planed to stop by around 5pm.

As I waited in line to get the shot, I watched the computer "flu information" program strategically located at the front of the line.  I had to laugh at the clip art that illustrated:  "Protect your family with a seasonal flu shot."  A man, woman, 2 kids, a dog and a cat.

I couldn't help myself.  Straight-faced, I asked the nurse:  Do I need to get my pets vaccinated?

At our bird feeders:  Pine Siskins, Purple Finches, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-breasted Nuthatch, lots of Goldfinches and a few House Finches.

No comments:

Post a Comment